When decorating your sofa or couch, it does not have to be more difficult than it actually is. You just have to make sure the sizing and the colors match with the rest of the room. Make sure to read further below for decoration tips.
Here are the 10 best large decorative pillows for your couch.
- Soft, luxurious feel and touch
- One-sided, micro-suede back with zipper
- SIZE: Include 2 pc 20x20 inch /50x50cm (1-2cm deviation) linen cushion cover. No Cushion...
- FEATURES: Compared with the traditional monochrome linen pillow cover,we add 2 Tones...
- PACKAGE: Include 2 pc 20x20 inch /50x50cm (1-2cm deviation) cushion cover. No Cushion...
- MATERIAL: Flocking striped corduroy cushion cover is made of 100% high quality velvet....
- PACKAGE Refined by 20x20 inches (50x50 CM) . Pack of 2 Cushion Shells Included, except...
- MATERIAL The High Quality Velvet Feels Cozy, Soft, Smooth, and Looks Muted. Comfortable...
- Made of Fur and Soft Velvet.
- 20 x 20 Inch / 50 x 50cm. 2 packs cushion cover.
- SOFT & STYLISH - Here's a modern and comfortable pillow cover for your contemporary home....
- WIDE APPLICATION - With its navy color, it blends seamlessly with neutral shades, pastel...
- SET OF TWO 20x20" PILLOW COVERS: 2pc pillow cover set - each square pillowcase covers one...
- VERSATILE NEUTRAL CREAM COLOR: Neutral color matches a wide range of home décor,...
Choosing Decorative Pillows For Dark Colored Couches
When you are decorating a dark colored couch, the worst thing you can do is to pick pillows that are of the same color. You want some contrast with brighter colors and give your sofa some personality, otherwise, monochromatic colors just blend in and look boring. Unless you want monochromatic colors and personally like them, you don’t want your decorative pillows to just blend in.
You can’t go wrong with white, ivory, beige types of decorative pillows. Those colors pop and give a good contrast for dark colored couches.
However, you do have to be careful with bright colors such as blue, pink, red, green, yellow etc, because if you don’t match your cushions with the sofa and the furniture around its surrounding, then it will just look a bit out of place and weird.
Choosing Decorative Pillows For Bright Colored Couches?
For couches that are perhaps white, light blue, sandy, etc, the best color combinations are a touch of bright colors mixed in with neutral decorative pillows. Use dark pillows sparingly because they might stand out too much from the rest.
For example if you have a beige sofa, a good color combination would be, Coffee brown, ivory, and a few dark chocolate or black pillows. Unlike dark colored sofas, you do have more room to be creative and play around a little.
Choosing Decorative Pillows For Neutral Colored Sofas?
For netural colored sofas such as gray, brown, olive, etc, usually bright colors mixed with some dark colors work best. Other neutral pillows will just blend in too much, but depending on your goal, you can have your decoration pillows pop and catch someone’s eye, or have a few pillows that actually blend in while having two or three to stand out with bright or dark colors.
Getting the right color combination for neutral couches is a bit difficult, so be careful with this one.
Decorative Pillows for Leather Couches
Leather sofas are notorious for being slippery. Your pillows might slide and fall off easily, but you can either put a blanket on top of it or try a few alternative methods for dealing with it.
Usually Polyester or Cotton types of decoration pillows go well with leather couches. Other leather types of decorative cushions is an option but you have to careful mixing leather with leather.
How To Match Pillow Color with Room
One thing you have to keep in mind is the color of the room itself and the furniture around your sofa.
You can actually pick large decorative pillows that also match its surroundings. For example, if your walls are green and if your sofa is ivory or white, you can actually mix in a few green pillows to match the color pattern for your living room.
Unless you are purposefully trying to create a vibrant atmosphere with all kinds of different colors, usually it’s best to keep the color range between 3-5.
How Big is Too Big?
Anything more than 24 by 24 for pillow cushions will be bordering on the too big side. Depending on the size of the couch as well, maybe 20 by 20 inches could be best suited.
The general rule of thumb is, the bigger the sofa, the bigger the pillow can be. So it’s a matter of using some common sense.
Choosing The Correct Material
For full comfort and snuggling while watching TV or just napping, large Mongolian fur pillows are recommended. The genuine sheep wool feels amazing on the skin.
For something a little more affordable and within a budget range, you can always try faux fur, polyester, and cotton. While they don’t feel as nice, for decoration purposes, they will do the job.
Anything exotic with a particular color pattern, material, it depends on your personal taste and what kind of feel you are going for with your decoration purposes. So any other types of large decoration pillows, it’s up to you.